Thursday, June 18, 2009

Midnight Cramps for Men

Ever wake up in the middle of the night with a cramp in your leg? Last night was the first night since high school that something like that has happened to me and it is a short, but funny story. So I came home from the BYU testing center around 8:30 last night. After a looking around the kitchen for a few minutes trying to decide what to eat I looked over the bananas for a second or two and said, "No I don't want a banana", and decided that I was going to eat left over rice. Eventually I made it to bed and after about an hour or two I started to dream. In the dream I was going to receive something to do a job. We I got it… two cramps, one in each calf. Now I know how to deal with cramps when they are in the calf. Just pull the big toe to the shin a much as possible without ripping it off (Apparently this could happen when motivated to relieve a cramp). The interesting part was in the dream I felt as if I was being punished for something but I can't remember the reasoning behind why the other person was doing this to me. Still when the pain started I tried to get them to stop but couldn't do anything. I tried to focus on one leg to make the pain go away but I realized that I couldn't do anything because I had six legs. Imagine how confused I was and having thoughts, "why do I have six legs?", "on which leg should I begin?" or "should I just start ripping off toes"? Well after few minutes of sprawling around my better judgment started to kick in and the pain started to pull me out of my dream state. I started to realize that I don't have six legs, I only have two and they are both cramping. I guess it is physically impossible to remove two cramps at the same time because the toe pulling was not working for the first time in the history of mankind. Panic rushed in at this point and I released both legs with a very strong desire to be freed of this torture. I tried again pulling on one toe this time and the pain in one calf started to leave. Well when one was gone I received the courage to start on the other leg. I was able to fall asleep shortly after the pain was gone, but when I woke up this morning my calves were so sore that I still cannot stand a particular way without feeling and thinking about the adventures from last night.

Looking back I think, "Why didn't I listen and just eat the banana"? Still I'm sure you are questioning and yes, I had a banana for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, I can totally picture that. Isaac has had cramps like that before and he'll ask me to punch his calfs in the middle of the night. I've also had some pretty bad cramps in my calfs after running and seriously it's one of the worst pains I've ever felt.

    We should all get together and have a summer BBQ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny...I was in tears reading this! Six legs...rotflol.

    ReplyDelete