Monday, June 1, 2009

Just a Video Update of our Beloved Evan



So Maren taught Evan how to Blow on his food to cool it down...
I tried to get him to blow on the Dandelions, but he still won't... yet.

Okay, you are probably thinking what happened to Evan's face?
I would love to say, "you should see the other guy!", but the other guy was a tree so... I chopped it down.
Evan loves to ride on my shoulders, and we learned that when we walk under tree and the leaves hit him it makes him smile and laugh, well daddy wasn't paying as much attention as he should have when he walked under a tree on Saturday. The branch scrapped his face and he started to cry the cry that a parent knows... the cry that I am in pain... and my heart just broke. I could tell that the usual fun and games was not fun this time. As I pulled him off my shoulders and looked at him I realize that it just barely missed his eye. Much to my relief it was just a good visual scrap. To this day I still feel terrible. I realize that many times in life we may get cuts on ourselves that reminds us of our own mistakes. I never realized that a scrap on my son would be such a visual reminder to me of my poor decisions with him.
Hopefully I won't have any moment like, "Finding Nemo" where Marlin looks at Dori and sees the scar from going over the trench and into the Jellyfish, instead of through it the trench like she suggested... Just trust me! No you can't speak to whales.

1 comment:

  1. Cultivating new talents I see! Awesome! Duane, don't feel to bad about the tree thing. Getting a few bumps and scrapes along the way is part of being a kid. When he's your age, he won't remember Dad running him into a tree...he'll remember riding on Dad's shoulders. Besides, kids are amazing healers!

    ReplyDelete