Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ward Slip and Slide


Happy Father’s day! As my first father’s day Maren and I are taking it easy today. She is making a Carrot Cake for me today. And I literally mean for me because she does not like carrot cake! Even though she just admitted to me that she might try one.

Yesterday our ward had a barbeque with a slip and slide. Some guys bought about 100 ft of plastic and ran some water on it. For all who don’t know where this is at. It is at Rock Canyon Park in Provo. These hill’s take some serious abuse during the year. From sledding in the winter time to Ice blocking in the summer, students have no end of creativity for new abuses on these hills. A few of the video’s that you will see express that we didn’t have enough plastic to come to a complete stop. I’m sure more than one person had to clean grass out of their shorts after the day was over. Still I am not alone in my sufferings from yesterday’s fun. Just about everyone has sore muscles, grass cuts, and bruises. I personally have about 30-40 cuts from the grass on my shoulder, stomach, back, and yes even my head! Every time I sneeze, cough, or laugh my stomach remains me of the fun I had on Saturday. My knees even have bruises. Between all of that I am having a fun time trying to figure out how to lift Evan without hurting or kneeling.

Maren and I decided that Evan should have some fun on the slide too. We took him down once and he responded like he did that kind of thing everyday. No smile, laugh, frown, cry, giggle, crossed his little face at any point on the slide. Maybe in a few more months he will enjoy going sledding with daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment